My name is Robyn Hooper and I live in Bermuda where I was born and raised. I am a Foundation Year Teacher at Saltus Grammar School.
Since I was a little girl I have loved to paint and create. The Painted Gate started on Mothers Day, 2016 with a group of 8 beautiful women wanting to celebrate each other! The Painted Gate has grown so much since that time.
I have painted with hundreds of people since then and I have loved and learned from every class!
Creativity is a beautiful way to express yourself and to relax. My classes welcome all ability levels. Creativity is a road to personal and professional development, we can learn so much about our selves and our work while using a paint brush. Please come and join me!
Some of the moments in my life that I’m proud of…
- Received my Master of Science in Education – Teacher Leadership with a 4.0 GPA
- Hosted 2 solo shows at Homer’s Cafe in Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art
- Painted 2 containers on Police Field for Beyond Rugby Bermuda
- Was one of 5 applicants chosen out of 18 to participate in City of Hamilton’s Arts Festival. (Angel Wing mural on Dundonald Street)
- Was able to donate 10 turkeys to families in need at Christmas time. I was paid in turkeys for a mural at Butterfield & Vallis on Woodlands Rd.
- Was commissioned to paint in BMDS parking lot.
- Opened The Painted Gate Art Studio on Mother’s Day 2016
- Hosted my first Womens Retreat in October 2016
- Became a certified Life Coach in spring of 2016
- Taught Art at Somerset Primary & Dalton E. Tucker for 3 years.
- Am currently teaching Foundation Year at Saltus Grammar School.
- Painted with 41 leaders of a global international business (Enstar)
- Helped to raise over $3,500 with a painting party for Kat Kids while painting with 47 people!